1. Wineries love bloggers – we were spoiled rotten in Napa with beautiful meals, walks, talks, and tastings
2. Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is consistently priced out of reach of everyone I know – $100 a bottle Cabernets abound.
3. Melissa Dobson is a great date for the weekend
4. Petite Syrah is hot – although I still don’t “get” this grape
5. Rick Bakas really does eat bacon 7 days a week, but 5 of those he’s doing turkey bacon
6. Portugal’s red wines are terrific – full bodied, flavorful and well-matched to many foods
7. Despite his new found celebrity, Hardy Wallace is as nice and self-effacing as ever
8. Stag’s Leap was named for a hunted stag who jumped over a promontory to escape death
9. The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone is a breathtaking facility and, according to its director, “Hogwarts for food and wine lovers”
10. Barry Schuler has the historical perspective and contemporary insight to be able to explain just what’s happening in print and electronic communications, e-commerce, social media and more
I'm so late in thanking you for being a great date. I had a blast with you!ReplyDelete
Hope to see you before next WBC!